We’ve already talked about the types of falling accidents that homeowners can suffer while hanging Christmas lights on their homes. But did you know that there are many other ways that people unintentionally ruin their holiday season?
This week, the 3rd annual Allstate Holiday Home Hazards poll was released, and it revealed some startling behaviors:
- The majority of people (53%) admit to plugging too many electrical cords into a single outlet.
- Approximately 29% of people revealed that they failed to water their Christmas tree for more than three days (which increases the possibility of a fire).
- Roughly a quarter of respondents said they have fallen asleep or left their homes while candles (28%) or a fireplace fire (24%) were still burning.
- More than seven in ten people surveyed who own fireplaces have not had them inspected and/or cleaned in the past year.
- Roughly three out of every seven people confess to watching television or a movie while cooking instead of focusing solely on the food preparation.
- Almost a third of respondents say they have left their home or dozed off while food was cooking on the stove or in the oven.
- About 9% report that smoke or a fire has resulted in their home from a cooking mishap.
Let these figures serve as a reminder to be a little extra cautious this holiday season in order to protect your home and your family.
At No Fuss Lights, we pride ourselves not only on creating a beautiful light display for your home, but also ensuring that all of the power cords, connectors, and other components are installed with the utmost care and safety. There’s still time to make an appointment with No Fuss Lights to decorate your home and property before Christmas. Just fill out this form or call us at 281-809-7021 today!